Friday, January 15, 2010

Week one is done!



My first full week of nursing school is behind me! It went well and I think I am truly going to love it! Ok love will not always be the word, but I'm excited to get started and have enjoyed it so far. I will love the end result of becoming an RN. There was a lot of anxiety during this first week. For one thing it seems like I have a million books. They kept staring at me on the dining room table turned desk. So I took the ones I didn't need right now to the dump, aka the guest bedroom. There they can enjoy the company of the boxed up christmas decorations that have yet to make it up to the attic.....
Luckily this week's lectures weren't too heavy. We learned the history of nursing, the steps of the physical assessment of patients, and nursing communications. We discussed the importance of HIPPA and I'm sure for the rest of my nursing career I'll be hearing about it. For good reason. Patients confidentiality is a big deal. I can now identify HIPPA infractions on episodes of Law and Order and Grey's Anatomy. ha! I'm looking forward to being in the clinical setting aka the hospital next week! This is very exciting! I have my uniform washed and ready to go. So exciting. Below is a picture of me and some of my classmates. Aren't we cute?

Between early morning workouts, some long days of class, and babysitting I was exhausted by the end of the week. Today I slept in (til 7, ha!), took care of some stuff around the house, went to the yarn store, and watched a few episodes of teen mom on mtv. Yes and I am dumber for it. sigh...I think i needed some brain dead time. I just got back from meeting a sweet friend for a much needed catch up over wine and apps. yum! Apparently we may have been at cougar hour, not happy hour. We will time this differently in the future. We were the only females at the bar under 40...maybe under 45. Regardless it was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment