Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Orientation 101...

Orientation is complerte! My brain is on overload. I took it as a good day when I didn't come home with a splitting headache. It's a bit overwhelming, but I'm excited and ready to get started. Day one of orientation was more about the history of the school, lots of introductions, etc. They fed us boxed lunches. I'm not sure Dr. Oz would approve. However he would be thrilled about the hike from the student lot to the school. ha! I found out today that you could walk through the other buildings and there is even a Starbucks on the way! woohoo! Day two we got into details on the syllabus of our first nursing level class. To say it was in depth would be an understatement. Lots and lots of reading as well as correlating lab/clinical assignments. We have lecture a few days a week and clinical/lab days where we are either in a simulation facility or actually in the hopital with real people! agh! The "kids" are really nice so far. The age range seems to be those just out of high school to people in their 40's.
Paisley is pretty indifferent to my new career. It's VERY cold here and I think this is how she spent her day.

No comments:

Post a Comment