
A few weeks ago my friend Becky mentioned she wanted us to do dinner during my first week of school. Sort of a little celebration of my first semester and her last (she'll finish graphic design in May). We see each other a lot, but most often it seems that we're running, or swimming, not eating and drinking. So having a girls night dinner date sounded great. I picked a Thai restaurant in the 'hood and she picked me up on the way. Once we got there, I started to tell the host we needed a table for two. But Becky interrupted me by saying we have a reservation then says, "but oh we know those people". I turn to see our friend Kelli and I think she's there with other friends. Then I see Tara and then I think, did they plan a dinner without me and Becky? But then there is Kathy and Joelle and they all yell SURPRISE! My sweet sweet friends had planned a Meredith goes to nursing school celebration. I couldn't believe it! It was better than a birthday. I was so shocked! They all gave me little gifts to help me start my semester. Thoughtful school supplies, gift cards to panera, starbucks, manicure, jason's deli, a flower, a balloon, wine, tea, etc. I was so touched that my friends thought to plan this for me. It has had me smiling all week. They are amazing girls and I'm so blessed that God has provided me with such wonderful friendships. Someone asked me who I was closest too out of the group and I really couldn't say. Out of the five I only knew one prior to moving to Charlotte 5 years ago. They are amazing mothers, runners, sisters, wives, daughters, and I'm so lucky to call them MY friends. I love you girls!


No comments:
Post a Comment