Monday, June 21, 2010

Tara's Bridal Shower


Last Saturday I helped host my friend Tara's wedding shower along with her other bridesmaids. We had it at a super cute and swanky little restaurant. It had a great balcony with a view of uptown and the park where Jimmy and Tara met playing kickball. Thats right. Team Okra brought them together. We're so glad! Tara and Jimmy are a great couple and I can't wait to be a part of their big day in early August. I was in charge of the cake so of course I made cupcakes. A few summers ago I got this cupcake stand at crate and barrell and I have used it so much. Also it's one of those things that you only need one of in a group of friends so it's always on the rotation for parties, showers, etc. I saw these little cupcake wrappers on a blog and copied them. You bake your cupcakes in regular store bought cupcake papers and then use a template to cut out your own decorative wrappers out of colored or patterned paper. I used scrapbooking paper bought by the sheet at Michaels. Then I used double sided tape to secure them around the cupcake. It was easy and looked so cute with the green icing. As always Becky (who has a newborn, as in days old at the point of this shower) made the cute decorations, and another bridesmaid did the flowers. It looked great!










No comments:

Post a Comment